What Day Is It?

It’s “National Tin Can Day!”
 
On this date in 1825, the first U.S. patent for the invention of the tin can was awarded to Ezra Daggett and Thomas Kensett.
 
No…
I’m not going to bore you with mind-blowing “can” information.
 
Nobody cares that tin cans often have ridges circling the can to add strength.
Or that they are coated with lacquer to keep them from corroding and poisoning our food!
 
Important stuff like:
(Okay… Here is the part of the email that reminds me how old I am.)
 
Tin Can Phones:
**CAUTION**
Do not attempt to use excessive lengths of string (long distance calls) across roads.  Vehicle traffic may cause your call to disconnect rapidly!  Not that this ever happened to me…
 
Tin Can Stilts:
**CAUTION**
Please use tin cans that are large enough and strong enough to support the user, otherwise, you end up just crushing cans that you wasted time tying rope to!  Not that this ever happened to me…
 
Tin Can Crochet Hats:
Yes, I had one, No I didn’t crochet it!
 
Before I forget…
 
It’s also “National Good Memory Day!”
 
 
Why is this string on my finger?
Don’t worry…
 
It’s Friday!
 
Have a Fantastic Friday!
 

Comments

Popular Posts