What Day Is It?

It’s “Car Insurance Day!”
Relax…
I’m not trying to sell you a policy!
 
No, “Like a Good Neighbor”, “Good Hands” or “15 minutes could save you”.
(I know you could tell me all 3 of the insurance companies by the slogans above.  That’s good advertising.)
 
 
In 1897, Gilbert Loomis of Ohio, bought an insurance policy for his car from Travelers Insurance Co.  The coverage was written as a “horse and carriage” policy but covered Loomis if he hurt someone in an accident or damaged their property.
 
One year later Travelers started writing policies that were actually “car insurance” policies by name and not a type of horse and carriage insurance.  The first of these policies was purchased by Dr. Truman Martin of Buffalo, New York in February of 1898.
 
 
 
It’s also…
“Spunky Old Broads Day!”
 
I will not offer an explanation, description, nor comparison.
I will not offer a definition or provide an inspirational image.
I will leave this topic to your imagination.
 
 
 
Actually, I’m not quite sure why I even mentioned it!
 
 
 
 
Have a Stupendous Thursday!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts