What Day Is It?

It’s “National Retro Day!”
 
I could bore you with all the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s fads but this is one of those days where I just babble.  It’s Retro, in a way, so I’m not far off topic.
 
What is Retro for me from the 60’s:
 
Catching snowflakes on your tongue.
 
Watching maple tree seeds spinning to the ground like tiny helicopters.
 
Walking home from school on a dark rainy day, into the backyard while hearing the raindrops tapping the top of the aluminum garbage cans, looking up into the illuminated kitchen window and smelling the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Thanks Mom J
(No picture can match the memory.)
 
Driving my red fire engine pedal car until the neighbor had to replace the tires!
 
When it seemed your best friend had four legs and a tail.
 
Sitting in front of the television and watching Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood.
 
 
Things seemed to have changed a lot since then.
 
There are times that I would love to visit and walk through the house I grew up in. Then I stop and think, no, life you remember as a child will never compare to what you see as an adult.
 
There is however a very good song by Miranda Lambert that seems adequate.
The House That Built Me:
 
 
Thanks for your time.
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts